2015 Edmonton RX-7 Club Road Rally
RX7 Club members only
It’s a road rally – the “checkpoints” are picture opportunities worth x points
It’s a picture scavenger hunt.
It’s a reason to go bombing around town in your cars. What more reason do you need?
May 31, 2015 – 1200 – 2000
Greater Edmonton Area
Starts at Hawrelak Park @ noon
Ends at Famosos Christies Corner @ 1800
The F*** Not?
The 1st Edmonton RX7 Car Club Road Rally is a picture scavenger hunt. Each team/vehicle will be given a list of 49 potential pictures to collect. The pictures will be grouped by difficulty and assign points accordingly. There will be 7 groups of 7 pictures with the maximum points per picture being 7 and the remainder incrementally less.
The goal is to collect as many pictures as possible in the ~6 hours available. At the end of the event, the team with the highest picture collection points total will win.
A smartphone is highly encouraged for this event as twitter will be used to collect all pictures.
There will be trophies & prizes for 1st through 3rd.
• Open to RX-7 Club members only.
• 12 vehicles MAX for the event.
• Rotary cars only (this rule may be relaxed if event deadline approaching and 12 vehicles not registered)
• One Twitter account per vehicle mandatory (smartphone use highly encouraged)
• All pictures must be tagged with #YEG_RX7 & caption of scavenger item in order to qualify for points
• NOT a race or timed event
• DL of all vehicle drivers must remain in sealed envelope in Glove compartment (or similar) for entire duration of event. Broken envelope seal will result in event DQ. This means all Alberta Traffic Act rules must be obeyed.
All rules subject to change.
Event Registration: msreg.com/rx7-hunt
A primer on how the event will be run along with exact locations and times has been posted on the clubs Facebook events page. Should you be participating in this event and not have a Facebook account – leave a comment and we’ll figure something out.